Mobile App Development Services
Mobile App (Application) vs. Mobile Web
Which is a better use for your company?
Technology is fast and ever constant change and many companies have taken advantage the use of both Mobile Apps and Mobile Website. According to Nielsen study of May 2013, 61% of mobile subscribers over the age of 18 have smartphones, which can access mobile applications and websites. Usage of mobile apps and mobile websites are predicted to increase as manufacturers create smartphones with price points and a range of features.
The Mobile Apps can display information by pulling data from the Internet, and they can also store data for offline access. Mobile websites are somewhat similar to other websites in that it can display a combination of text, images, and videos in a web browser, but they are formatted differently for smaller screen sizes and mobile web is designed to work with the touchscreen interfaces of smartphones and tablets.
Get a FREE Website Audit Today!
Mobile App Development Company in Dayton
Looking for an experienced mobile app development company in Dayton? We offer top notch both mobile app development services.
A good mobile strategy is one that is flexible enough to adapt to rapid changes in customer expectations and current technology.
– Manny Taningco
Things to consider between mobile apps vs. mobile web usage
- Mobile apps – The apps allow faster data retrieval and offline access to stored content.
- Mobile apps have device-specific designs, improved user interface, more memory, greater GPS resolution and allowing for a streamlined look.
- Mobile apps do provide streamlined access to all of the device’s features such as GPS, click-to-call functions – this allows for features such as photo attachments to incident reports and credit card scanning for bill payment and camera.
- Mobile apps can use push alert notification capabilities to display actionable reminders on any mobile device’s home screen.
- Mobile web is available whenever the user has a web connection – no download is needed to access information.
- Mobile web does not require multiple versions to be created – a single design works for multiple mobile device models, but because it is designed to be cross- functional, the interface is not as robust.
- Changes to mobile websites can be made available to all customers simply by updating the mobile website.
- Mobile web is often faster to deploy and less expensive to build.
In conclusion, mobile functionality, and its usage will only continue to grow to meet the needs of customer expectations. Our suggestion is to deploy mobile solutions using a level progression approach – start by creating a mobile-enabled version of an existing website, then work on building mobile apps that leverage web content such as maps and add rich mobile app features and push alerts notifications. It does not matter how a company chooses to plan its mobile strategy, it’s very important to keep in mind that providing services for mobile options for customers need to be an ongoing process in order to keep up with customer expectations and changing technologies.
We provide both Mobile App and Mobile Web for your company’s need. Contact Us NOW for our special program or CALL +1 937 272 2480.